S2: Reflection 5 - (Reflective Tutorial)


Life in Classrooms for Children & Teachers 

In regard to my reflection tutorial today, I watched a video from Kingston Park Primary in Newcastle. They really highlight the significance of the language that we use as adults in schools and the importance of differentiating without drawing attention to it i.e. not identifying or separating students according to needs or referring to special needs classes, as all children are special. I think this is really important because when I was in school, if I had have been told I needed to go to the resource room, I would have thought there was something ‘wrong’ with me and that I wasn’t as clever as everyone else.

Video: Differentiation in the prmary school
https://loop.dcu.ie/mod/resource/view.php?id=863432&redirect=1



Comments