S1: Reflection 3 - (Reflective Tutorial)


An Important Dimension or Idea Connected to Childhood

When I think back to my childhood my most prominent memory is playing with my friends from the estate. We played all sorts - ‘tip the can’, biking/scooting to putting on plays. We reenacted the likes of Rugrats/Teletubbies, organising costumes and performing for our parents in a driveway. Reflection upon these nostalgic memories led me to think about children today and how they are less inclined to play outside, as much as they would have done in the past; especially older children. As you can see in my artefact photo the age range varies greatly and I don't think this would be as common a scenario today. In my opinion this is largely due to parental fear for safety and an increase in the use of electronics today.


Teletubbies


Rugrats

Comments